Janet Marsh's Nature Diary

21:07 Unknown 0 Comments





These are some pictures of a nature journal I found, in an old second hand book store, in Mackay. It is probably one of my most prized possessions. I find myself collecting similar books, as well as books devoted to the Rose. 
Janet Marsh is one of my favourite illustrators. I have not researched her as much as I would have liked, but the way she has set out this book is an inspiration to my latest collaboration and book, Mountain Lines. 
It is also an inspiration to my future books as well. While creating Mountain Lines, I wished I could have put all my dreams and skills into the one book, but I found my brain was quite full of how to actually publish it and what the heck was copyright. 
In future collaborations (especially since I am moving to Victoria) I would really like to start working on publications about birds, more landscapes (in Tasmania), more poetry, more short stories, and even children's books. 
I find publications an easy way to push myself to complete projects and drawings. I know I really need deadlines to keep me working on drawings, so if I make deadlines for myself outside of Uni... I think that could work. 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.